Monday, March 23, 2009

Indefinite Hiatus?

Listen. I’m fine now; my ear is no longer plugged. Ideally I should be writing more blog posts because I HAVE been listening to a lot of albums. However, I am questioning this blog’s existence.

Once you dig deep and unravel the nitty-gritty truth of the graveyard-like music shareblog business, you start to doubt whether it’s really worth it. I mean, come on! Is it really worth it?

Thus to explain my point, here is an example:

You write the perfect post. You publish it. Four hours later, BAM! Your post has been deleted. Why? Because of infringing content.

I know that what I post is of illegal nature, but I was not aware that Big Brother is undergoing, day in and day out, diligent surveillance of user content. Now I know; whatever I post, Big Brother knows. And when Big Brother doesn’t like what you post, he calls his trusty minions and shuts you down.

Listen Big Brother. I know of my wrongdoings and as much as I hate saying this: “I surrender”. For now…

Now, guys. This open ended dilemma has left me with two (count them), TWO options. Here they are:

IDEA NUMBER ONE

The ancient [insert ancient civilization or tribe HERE] used to say:

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day,
Teach a man HOW to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

I am proud of my abilities to find just about every album, song, EP (and so on) of any artist, thus the idea lies in secretly teaching (via a super secret post) how to do just that, and blog-wise, I will create a new blog in which I’ll only post legal-friendly information about interesting bands in the hopes that you (the reader) will find the material by yourself.

IDEA NUMBER TWO

Shut this whole thing down and blog about something that will never get me into problems, like atheism, abortion, woman rights, racism, North Korea, the Middle East, you know: friendly themes that DO NOT stir up anger and that will NEVER get me into trouble.

So yeah. This blog is pretty much dead and I leave in your hands and those of Bog And All His Holy Angels to either revive a pussy version of it, or let it die a silent death.

So, yeah…that’s it. Bye.

barrel_cropped_(1) 










[image via xkcd]

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment